Monday, March 26, 2018

Winter finished objects

It's been a minute since I did a run-down and commentary of finished objects. Here's what I've been up to in 2018 so far!

My coworker gave me a cute little hank of yarn that she dyed and spun herself. She declares herself more of a spinner than a knitter and gave this ball (and some others) to our yarn group at work. I improvised a cute little teapot cozy! Have never felt more British.

Next up is a big colorwork blanket for a coworker's baby. I found out about the shower two weeks before it was to occur, and I found out that the mom-to-be really likes sloths. So, she got a sloth.


I improvised the chart pattern from a cross-stitch pattern I found online. He turned out cute, but it was a little hectic to make him, especially when your mess of yarn looks like this. But I got him done, in eight shades of brown, and she was super happy with him.

Next up is a project that I started in December but then became afraid of: my Lanesplitter Skirt. I have been wanting to make a skirt for a long time, but I'm afraid I'll put in a ton of work and it won't fit. (I'm notoriously hard to fit for skirts because I have a tiny waist but big hips.)


Well, I finally pushed through and I have to say, the pattern worked out better than I could have imagined. It turned out so cute, in fact, that I ditched the skirt I was wearing that day and decided to sport this little number for the rest of the day. Hey now!

Yarn is Malabrigo Rios, colorway Anniversario.

My goal for 2018 is to finish two projects each month out of my Ravelry queue to clear it out. So far, I have succeeded, but this month might be tough. I finished one - a little cream shoulder sweater - but it's still blocking, so I'll post a photo of that next time. 

The other project I'm close(ish) to finishing is a triangle shawl worked with some hot pink hand-dyed yarn I bought in Austria on our trip last year. I am gaining an appreciation for triangle shawls as a versatile accessory that is also fun to knit.


Let's see if I can finish that puppy before Saturday!

No comments: